Monday, January 6, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2013-12-16



Subject:  Only 9 days now!!!

December 16, 2013
Hey family!!!

Sorry that this is so late! It has been a crazy day and we are just getting around to doing emails. But it sounds like y'all had a great week! It is so fun to hear what you are doing! Thank you for the talk Dad, I printed it off and am looking forward to reading it. Good luck with your crazy schedule! Know that you are in my prayers daily and that I love you! Thanks for all you do to keep everyone going! Also I am sorry about my letter last week that was super short, I figured that since you got pics it might make up for it a little bit :) To answer your questions: it is about 5 minutes from our apartment and I think that there is one member who lives in that neighborhood. Most of them are pretty uppity (sp?) rich people who aren't very nice. We try not to tract there too often. Our are is our ward boundaries and we have just decided to make it free for all between the 3 sets of missionaries which is crazy sometimes but good. Communication between us has gotten a lot better since last transfer which is super nice. Members feed us probably 5 or 6 days a week which is super nice. Our ward is awesome!

Is there anyway you could send me a journal in my Christmas package? I am just about done with this one. I still haven't missed a day!

We had a really good week! Saturday night was one of the highlights of my mission so far. We had a lesson with an Indian family, Souji and Venkat. This was our second visit but our first official lesson. They believe in Jesus Christ but also worship other gods as well so that is where we started. We had a couple of the young women in our ward come on team ups with us and it was awesome! It was the first lesson where I really felt like I didn't stumble over my words and felt like I said what I needed to. I know the Spirit definitely helped me out. It went pretty good for the first half and then about half way through the husband had to leave, but at that point Souji spoke up and asked if we felt we had a close relationship with God. We told her that we did and that He is our father and we are His children and He loves us. She started to tear up and said how she wanted to have that relationship too. It was so powerful!! She said she wants us to come back this Saturday night as well but then we got a call from her today to reschedule it to next week. Please keep her in your prayers. We will try and stop by before then but 2 weeks is a long time for the adversary to start working on her.

I had exchanges with Sis. Blackett again this week. This time she came to Webb Bridge and we had a really good time together. Transfers always come at a good time and it always reminds me of Ash. She has given me a whole new appreciation for STL's and it makes me feel close to her. :) But we talked a lot about how we can become better missionaries and what we are willing to do for the Lord. We were a lot more bold and open with our message these past couple of days and we have seen a lot of good things come from it. People are a lot more willing to talk to you and we even had a few say we could come back! Still all of the people we are teaching come from tracting so it is important to make that as effective as we can. But I feel a lot more confident with it now and it is fun to talk to people when they will actually talk to you.

Things are even getting better with Sis. H. We have talked a lot about looking for the good and being positive and I am starting to see her more as a friend. We are starting to work well together better now. There are still some rough moments but it is so much better now than it used to be.

For Christmas calls, (AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!) We are going to be at the Kings at noon (our time) for lunch and we will be there with the other sisters too so we might have to be a little flexible with time. I will ask them if I can go first maybe so we can shoot for noon? I am all for 3 way calling on google plus! You can do that right? Sis King said that she has a web cam built into her computer so all I need is a google plus account to sign in by :) Just let me know what I need to do in next weeks email! Did I mention I'm excited?!!!

Well I better run but know that y'all are in my prayers daily and that I love you!!!! THank you for the prayers, love and support!!!
xoxoxoxo
Sister Bedke, the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment