Monday, December 9, 2013

Amber Ltr: 2013-12-09



Subject:  :)

December 9, 2013
Hey family!

Sorry that this is going to be super short this week but I don't have a lot of time. It has been a crazy day! Never enough time to email.

You are all incredible! I am so grateful to have you as my family and for all that you do for me. I love hearing about all the incredible things you are doing!

The miracle of the week: I got my package!!!! It only took a month and a half to get here but it came! I actually got 3 packages in one day!!! Best day ever!!!! Yes my sweater one got here and so did G'ma and G'pa K's. Thank you thank you thank you for sending those to me!!! And for the cd's and the peanut butter m & m's!!! You made my day!

There are a ton of Hindu people here! It is crazy. We are working with a few of them and I really hope things can happen there because they are seriously the friendliest people that we talk to. Yes we are still in a car thank heavens :) Things are still getting there with Sister H. Being her companion is like being on the biggest emotional roller coaster ever. Seriously she will bounce from being so happy and excited and then 2 seconds later she is super depressed. I don't know what to do with her because a lot of the time she is just really grumpy and tired and there is nothing you can do or say to make her feel any better. It really drives me crazy. But it has really forced me to look for the good in her and to give her pep talks and let her know that she CAN do it and that there is good things going on and that it is hard but that it is going to get better. I feel like I'm babysitting her sometimes though. Keep praying for me :)

It was kind of a discouraging week work wise. All of our investigators were super busy and it was really hard to get a hold of them. And we talked to a ton of people but most were not interested in learning more. Which gets discouraging. But like I keep telling Sister H, there is good things that are going on and there are small successes to be found and little tender mercies that the Lord gives us. Things will come together and start happening.

I am sleeping much better than I used to. I usually only wake up once in the night as opposed to 3 or 4 times, which is really nice. Thank you for your prayers there. I know that is what has made the difference. My coats are warm enough too. I love my boots and they keep me dry. Instead of snow we have rain and when it rains it pours! When we go tracting in the rain people look at us like we are crazy. Maybe we are... :) I agree with Ash in that the humidity makes it much seem much colder than it is. But I think we are quite a bit warmer than yall are.

Thank you so much for all your love prayers and support!!! I developed some pics today and I'll send them home so you can see :) I love you all so much!!!
oxoxox
Sister Bedke, the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment