Monday, January 6, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2013-12-30



Subject:  What the? Goodbye 2013!

December 30, 2013
Hi family!!

Thank you so much for sending the letter at 2:30 in the morning Mom! You are the best! Thanks for always watching out and thinking of us :) We are so blessed to have you as our mom! And I am so blessed to be a part of our family. You are all so incredible and it was so fun to get to talk to everyone on Christmas! It is totally fine on the whole time thing. Sorry I didn't see the email you sent Dad until today. I think there was a part of me that was expecting President Monson to pop up in a little window on the screen telling me it was time to get off, haha. So I'm sorry if it seemed like I was rushing! I can't tell you how much it meant to me to get to see and talk to all of you. Thanks for getting it all set up Dad! Y'all are the best!

I can't believe that Ash is coming home this week! It hardly seems possible! She has done such an incredible job and I hope that my letters can reflect hers a little bit when it comes my turn in 15 months. I am so grateful for her example. If you could send a few prayers my way that day though, it would be greatly appreciated because it is going to be hard.

It sounds like you are having a great time with G'ma! How did her present turn out? I love you G'ma! Sorry I haven't gotten a letter off to you for a bit! I'm working on one!

Also thank you so much for all my Christmas presents!!! I love them so much and thank you for all the work that went into getting them to me :) Thanks so much!

And before I forget, who is the new Oakcrest directorship??? I am dying to know!! Could you go on the website for me and check? it is just oakcrestcamp.org under staff postings.

I am definitely still riding the mission roller coaster. Tracting is really starting to be discouraging. It is so hard to try and reach these people when they won't listen to you and are "good" with where they are at or don't have the time to meet with you. There have definitely been some good moments but sadly most of them have been coming to dead ends. Which gets frustrating. But we are hoping that with the holidays coming to an end, life will return to normal a little bit. We are doing a lot of following up with people this week and hopefully find some people to teach.

But we were able to get a hold a few less active families this week which was good :) The ones we have gotten in touch with have been super friendly which is nice. Hopefully they will let us keep coming back and we can help them come back to church!

But a bright spot that started shining yesterday was that Sister H has been awesome yesterday and today! Everything really got to me yesterday and I was really discouraged and sad and she was just so positive and ready to go. It was awesome! I have really missed that side of her because it has been a while since I have seen it. Moments like that I really love her and am so grateful to have her as a companion. Now that she is happy, it will probably be time to get transferred next week. Haha what do you do? :) But if not then we are definitely going to be going strong this next transfer. Transfers are a lot scarier this time because anything could happen! Ah!! We shall see I guess...

Well I think that about wraps up my week. Give Ash a HUGE hug for me!!!! I am so excited for all of you!!! And don't let her get married for the next 15 months please!! That is absolutely not allowed. I love love love you all!!!!

xoxo

Sister Bedke, the younger :)

No comments:

Post a Comment