Monday, February 24, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-02-24



Subject: Collins Hill!!
February 24, 2014
Hey family!!

Thanks for the email! It sounds like y'all had a great week! And holy cow Jace you are a stud!!! I'm so glad that you had a fun time! And Brooke you looked beautiful too!!! No I didn't get your letter before I left. I am way sad about it but Sister DeBry will get it forwarded on to me, it might just take a while to get here. I did get Uncle Layne's talk, which was incredible, and your valentines package! Haha I was laughing so hard over those notes. They made my day! I love you all! And Sister DeBry said to tell you thank you for hers :) We had fun reading them all!

Thanks for passing that on about Karl! That made my day :) He is seriously the greatest! I miss him a lot. But Sister DeBry will take care of him and told me that she would keep me updated. He is in the middle of his divorce right now. He wants to try and work it out, but she just won't listen or respond at all. It is really sad. He still loves her and still wears his wedding ring and everything. But I really think that the Gospel will help him through this hard time and hopefully will help to soften his wife's heart. He is golden.

Tell Sister Welch and Sister Adams hi for me! I am working on a letter to Sister Adams. She is so sweet to keep writing me. I love hearing from her and it always makes my day to get those letters! Give her a big hug from me! And that is crazy that Bro Welch isn't our home teacher any more! He was so great! Do we still get popcorn? haha I'm mostly kidding. 

So I am now in the Collins Hill ward in Lilburn stake, which is right next door to Roswell. It took about 45 minutes to get here from my old area. My address is: 2910 Buford Dr Apt 924, Buford, GA 30519. My new companion's name is Sister Brooke Webster. She is from Gilbert, Arizona. She is really cute and I like her a lot. She got here the transfer before I did and just came out of a trio. One of her old companions is from Tahiti and just finished her mission. The ward absolutely loved her so there are some big shoes to fill. But I am excited to work here and with this ward! It is really different than Webb Bridge, but everyone I have met so far has been great. It is really weird not knowing everyone and the area though. I feel like I am a new missionary all over again but it will come. I just need to be patient and work hard. 

They just had a baptism the Saturday before I got there and they transferred their other top investigator over to the Dacula ward so there is definitely a lot of work to be done. But we have found some incredible people to work with who have a lot of potential. There is this one man named Mike who we went and visited on Friday night. His wife was inactive when they got married but has since come back to church and went through the temple this weekend! He has taken the lessons before but had issues with the word of wisdom. But he committed to stopping today and wants to be baptized and receive the Holy Ghost! I really don't know what to do after teaching the Plan of Salvation to people because we never got past that point in Webb Bridge so I guess we will see how it goes! But I am really excited :)

We also found a family called the Dunns. The elders from Dacula accidentally tracted in our area and set up a return appointment with them but then they passed them over to us. With the snow storm last week, they weren't able to make the appointment so we stopped by the day I got there. At first they said that they were busy but then they changed their mind and let us in. We were able to share the restoration with them and the blessings of having a modern day prophet. The Spirit was really powerful as we shared the first vision and the blessings of living the gospel. They were really receptive to everything and want to continue learning more! The parents are Cory and Patricia and they have 3 kids: SheaShea (14), Cory (12), and Coco. All of the kids stayed to listen to us too :)

Well that about wraps up my week! It has been a good one. But thank you for all of your love, prayers, and support. It means the world to me and I couldn't do it without you! I love you all!

Love,
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment