Monday, February 17, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-02-17

Subject: Transfer news is...
February 17, 2014
Hello family!!!

Thanks for your letter! It sounds like things are going good for everyone :) I am way impressed that you sent the letter before midnight mom! So happy to hear that Jace made it to school!  And happy valentines day! I hope y'all had a great one :)

In answer to your questions. I have not gotten Brooke's letter or your package yet but I am excited to get both! Thanks in advance! Haha and we actually did make cookies :) they weren't sugar cookies but they were cute pink valentines ones! haha that is way funny that you guessed that :) We took them to our lesson with Carl and gave some to a couple of members who came on team ups with us. Congrats Ash on being able to speak in another ward! That is way cool and I'm sure you did great! And with the weather, we stayed in all day on Wednesday (our apartment is spotless, you would be so proud mom :)) and had half days on foot on Tuesday and Thursday. It ended up being really good but it is not good for missionaries to be cooped up inside all day. We were going crazy! But it was a lot of fun to spend time with Sis. DeBry because it was our last week together :( Yup I'm getting transferred out of Webb Bridge. We found out early because Sister DeBry is training a new missionary here! She will be incredible and it will be a great experience for her new golden. But I am really going to miss her a lot. We have been through a lot together and I was really really hoping and praying that we would get at least 2 transfers together but I guess the Lord needs us in different places. I am not sure where I am going yet. I am really hoping the call comes before I finish this email so I can tell you before next week. But wherever it is, I know that that is where the Lord needs me. I will miss Webb Bridge and all of the members and investigators here but Sis. DeBry is very capable and I'm not worried about them at all. Which is such a huge blessing!

We had a pretty good week in spite of the snow. We had a lesson with Carl on Friday night with Sister Simon and when we got there, he bought us flowers! It was so sweet! He told us how grateful he was that we were out serving the Lord when we could be having personal nights at home. It was an incredible lesson to top it off. He just went on and on about how much he loved church and how down to earth and real everyone was. He had a lot of questions about the book of mormon and how we view it in comparison to the bible as to which supercedes the other. He was very accepting of our answers and is just golden! I love him and I am going to miss working with him alot. When I told him I was leaving, he said that the Lord needs me to go and help another area be incredible and help them come unto Christ. In his prayer at the end of the lesson, he said how grateful he was for the work that I am doing and prayed that I would be successful wherever I go. That was a big answer to prayers for me and it really meant a lot. We are having one last lesson with him tomorrow night as a really great way to end the area. :) He was in Augusta with his boys this weekend so he wasn't able to come to church. But whenever he is here he is coming.

Taareka is doing ... I am a little worried about her. We had a lesson with her on Wednesday night that went really good and were supposed to meet with her again last night but she wasn't home when we got there and wouldn't answer our calls. We are just praying that something came up or forgot and wasn't purposefully not there but... I think she might be a little scared and is backing off a little. But we aren't giving up on her! She is too incredible. 

Joe cancelled on us again because he got so backed up with work. He just needs to see how important this is and do it! Oh man if only you could just force people to open their eyes! But he will come around.

But a cool miracle that happened yesterday. So when we got to Taareka's complex and then found out she wasn't home we were way bummed out but knew that we were there for a reason. So we called up a couple of our potentials in that area to see if they were around and they weren't so we said a prayer as to what Heavenly Father wanted us to do. about 2 minutes after the prayer, one of them called us back and said his wife had just got home and they wanted us to come over. Their names are Shrikar and Paravi. I know Indian names are a killer. But we met them the same day we met Taareka and were able to leave the Savior's peace and blessings with them. They told us that their home felt like a temple when we were there. We were able to give a really powerful lesson about Christ and His Atonement. Truly a miracle. The Lord is so aware of us and really does answer our prayers!

Sorry that the call didn't come. I will see if I can get a letter out this week, but if not then you will find out where I am next week! I love you all so much! Thanks for the love support, and prayers!
xoxoxo
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment