Monday, March 3, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-03-03



Subject: What the 5 months out?!

March 3, 2014

Hey family!

Thanks so much for the letter! It sounds like y'all have had a great week! (I am pretty sure every letter I write to you starts out this way, I'll have to work on coming up with new intros to these letters...) But it is so crazy that it has been 5 months since I left. And it is even crazier that Ash has been home 2 months! In some ways it seems like forever and in other ways it seems like I just left. Mission time warp is a real thing. But life is still going good here in Georgia! I really am loving being here and there are a lot of miracles that are happening in this ward with our investigators.

One of the biggest miracles that is we have people to teach who are progressing! We are working with about 9 different investigators/families who are all really solid. I never had this in Webb Bridge and I am still wrapping my head around this. But I like it a lot :) The Lord truly is blessing us so much. These past 2 weeks we have had members come with us to almost every lesson that we have had with our investigators. The ward is really supportive of us and yes they are feeding us :). Are you taking care of the missionaries in our ward? I know feel really bad for ever being annoyed that they came over and ate a lot of food. Make sure they feel welcome, ok? Are they weird or normal? Court are they weird?

Some of the miracles from this week: Mike is still going strong without smoking! He has now been a whole week and it is finally getting a little easier for him. He has been smoking since he was 12 years old and he is quitting alcohol at the same time. He is a champ and really wants to be baptized. We are going to try and get him on date this week for the 3rd week of March. Lots of new experiences in this ward :) We had a really neat lesson with him about the enabling power of the Atonement and it was really powerful. I think he is going to pull through!

We found another family to teach this week! It is the Williams family. The mom, Tiffany, just got divorced and has 7 kids. She has been going to a non-denom church but she thinks that it is way too money driven and that 1 hour isn't long enough to receive God's word. Don't worry our church is 3 hours long! They were supposed to come yesterday but Satan ended up making them sick. He is the worst. But she is planning on coming this week! And the lesson that we had with them on the Restoration was really good. After sharing the first vision with them, I asked her how she was feeling and she was like, "I have a really weird feeling in here (pointing to her heart) but not in a bad way." We talked about how it was the Spirit and that could be more a part of her life as we taught her more about the Gospel. She has had a really hard life but I know that the Gospel will really help her out a lot. All of her kids sat in on the lesson with us too!

The Dunn's weren't home for their lesson this week though... We called them after and they just forgot about it. So they didn't blow us off but it is always a bummer when that happens.

But things are going really good here! Sister Webster and I get along really good :) She is a really good missionary and Court she actually reminds me a lot of you! You would like her a lot.

I can't believe that the bishopric is getting changed up! Why is that happening? I am excited to hear who the new ones are! Tell them all hi for me!

I did get Brooke's letter and I got one from Jace as well :) Thank you so much and I am working on a reply to each of you! Court and Madi I still haven't heard from you once in 5 months...

I love you all so much! Thanks for the prayers, love, and support! Y'all are the greatest!

Love, Sister Bedke

PS Elder Cook is coming to speak to us and the Atlanta mission on Saturday! So excited!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment