Monday, April 21, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-04-21



Subject: Back to normal!
April 21, 2014
Well hey :)

Back to normal on email times this week! Sounds like y'all had a great Easter up at G'ma's and at Aunt Leslie's. Thanks for sending on the pics! They were super cute! Everyone looks so good! I am so excited to get to talk to you soon! I love your hair Mom! It is so pretty!  G'ma you are a fox. :) And Jace your glasses are look super cool. How are they helping with the headaches and everything? I hope they are starting to make a difference. Sister Webster had a friend who also suffers from chronic migraines and I guess he did this botox treatment in the back of his neck where it makes the skin tighten and it helped him a lot. I don't know if you've heard of that or anything like it but I just thought I'd pass it on.

I didn't even know that Nate and Tawny were pregnant! Tell them congratulations for me! And I am so excited that Megan got her mission call!!!! Tell her to write me please or send me her address so I can write her :) Good luck with your roommates Ash! Haha I always love the "interesting" description. Always worth some good stories though right?

To answer your questions: Michael is still doing great! He got the priesthood last week and they are working towards the temple on March 27, 2015! I'll still be on my mission and they are getting sealed in the Salt Lake temple so I won't be able to make it (by like 2 weeks! but it's not about me so it's ok, right?) We have dinner with them every other week or so. I love them so much!

No, we don't have iPads or facebook. I know that it is coming but I am guessing President is waiting until he leaves and to just let the new mission president work everything out with that but I guess we will see. I'm ok without it for right now.

No, Shawn didn't make it to church. She told us that she would try but then she didn't answer our calls and wasn't home when we stopped by. I don't know what to do for her. She is so ready and knows that it is true she just has so much going on in her life. I just want this for her so bad! She is seriously such a great lady and needs this so badly. We are going to try to talk with her this week and see what we can do to help her take those steps forward and not be pulled by us. I really hope it goes well! Thank you for all the prayers for her.

But Donna is doing great! We met with her almost every day this week and she is progressing so good! We had the Restoration with her in a member's home on Thursday and the Spirit was so strong and powerful. The Horsley's were such a perfect team-up for her. I love member missionaries! And I am so blessed to be in this ward where they are so supportive of us. Donna just kept saying how she could feel this burden on her shoulders getting lighter and is seeing some very positive changes in her life since she has started meeting with us. And her yard is looking a lot better! I taught Sister Webster how to mow a lawn :) She was so excited! Haha :) She also came with us to dinner with the Perry's on Saturday night! They are so sweet and were again a great fellowship to her. She went to visit her husband yesterday so she wasn't able to come to church but she is really excited about coming this Sunday! And we went over last night to read the Book of Mormon with her. She is golden :)

Also when we were over at the Perry's, they had an Easter egg hunt for us! It was so fun! They really are like my parents out here and just make us feel so loved. :)

It was a really rainy week for us here. A member pointed out to us that every single Friday before Easter (the day Christ was crucified) will be rainy. Was it that was for you guys? But Sunday it was beautiful! Everything is green and in bloom here and it is so pretty!

It definitely was a different kind of Easter than what I am used to but it was so neat to be able to focus on why we have Easter in the first place. I had a really powerful study on the Savior's Atonement. I started reading Jesus the Christ by Elder Talmage. It is such a good book! I am really excited to learn more about Christ and His life. I know that He lives and that He set the perfect example for us to follow. We met this man named Johnny earlier this week who invited us to come back to talk with him. When we came back, he told us about his "conversion" to being an atheist. It was so sad to talk with him. He was very nice and was a really cool guy but he got caught up not being able to "prove" that God exists and that any experience anyone has with him is just subjective and is used as a way to explain life. It just broke my heart. But he did say that if he had to pick a religion, he would go with Mormons because we have got it figured out, which I thought was funny. Me and Sister Webster decided that we will teach him in the next life. But no matter what all of these scientists are trying to "prove", they cannot take away my knowledge that God exists and that He is our loving Heavenly Father and that He sent His son to Atone for our sins so that we can someday return to Him. I love this Gospel so much and I am so grateful for the anchor that it is in my life. I love all of you and I am so grateful for each of you!!!

xoxoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment