Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-04-15



Subject: Happy Easter!!!
April 15, 2014
Hola mi familia!!

So sorry that you didn't get a letter yesterday! I'm still alive and well :) We didn't find out about the switch til the middle of the week so I had no way to warn you. Our district had interviews with President yesterday so we had to switch our p-day to Tuesday instead of Monday. It has thrown off my week a little but we are fine. :)

Glad to hear y'all had a great week and that you had a good birthday Mom! It is fun to hear about everything that is going on at home :) Less than a month until I get to talk to all of you!

It was a pretty good week! We found several new investigators who have a lot of potential and I'm really excited about working with them :) The Lord truly has blessed us so much with those miracles when we need them. Thank you for all of the prayers that are being sent my way. I know that they are making a huge difference.

One of the ladies that we are working with is named Donna. She is a sweet heart! We actually tracted into her about a month ago and had a really great conversation with her but she didn't have the time to meet with us then. We made cookies last week to take around to people and when we were driving around, I realized that we were by her neighborhood and we decided to stop by and drop some off for her. She ended up not being home but we left them on her porch with a little note. A few days later we were again by her neighborhood and stopped by to see if she had gotten them and awkward she hadn't and now they were like 3 days old, so we hid them in our car and just knocked on the door and she was home! Haha she remembered us and after talking for a bit, we found out she was doing yard work that weekend and so we told her we would love to help her out and she said we could come by :) Her yard has really gotten away from her because her husband has been in prison since August. We were able to help her out a lot and did a lesson with her about the Savior being with us during our trials. The Spirit was really strong and we testified how the Lord had sent us to her to help her find her way back to Him. We are going to meet with her a few times this week and really try and get her to church on Sunday. We told her that Easter Sunday would be a great time to get back in. (Thanks for sending on that Easter video Dad! That is so good and I'm planning on showing it to several people out here :) ) But I really think that she has a lot of potential and this Gospel will bless her so much!

We were able to see Shawn this last week too! She has been praying and told us to not give up on her. :) Ah she is so close if we can just get her to church and help her feel of that love from the ward family but Satan keeps having things pop up that prevent her from going. He is the worst. But she said she really wants to try and get there this week, again with Easter Sunday. Hopefully, it should be a great Sunday!

Also I tried real raw fish sushi this week! Ah! I told myself I never would but I got peer pressured into it and I'm not a huge fan. It is a really weird texture and I'm not converted, but in all fairness it wasn't as bad as I thought as it would be. But I was proud of myself for doing it :)

The temple was really good! It was fun going down with so many of the missionaries and seeing all my friends. They played the new film and I like it a lot better than the old one. The Spirit was really strong and I felt a lot of peace afterward :) I got to go on exchanges after to Dacula with my STL which was also a lot of fun. I didn't really know her all that well at the beginning but we were like best friends by the end of it!

And I found out today that Karl did get baptized and that it went perfectly!! He finished the book of mormon the night before his baptism and was just glowing all day :) And he already has a calling as a ward missionary!! Haha he is so excited about it!  And he is working on preparing to go to the temple :) I feel so blessed to have been able to work with him! He is the greatest!

Well I think that about wraps up my week :) Spring is in full bloom here in Georgia and it is beautiful! Luckily I haven't had any problems with allergies and Sister Webster's are all under control now :) And I am sleeping just fine. No more problems! Yay! Know that I love and miss all of you! Have a great week and a great Easter Sunday! I am so grateful for the chance we have to remember our Savior and His Atoning sacrifice for all of us.

I love you!
xoxo
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment