Monday, April 7, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-04-07



Subject:  What a way to hit 6 months :)
April 7, 2014
Hey family!!

Thank you so much for sending on the pictures!! Seriously pictures are my favorite thing to get :) It looks like y'all had so much fun at the ranch! Madi has grown up so much! I can't even believe it. But y'all look so cute! I am glad you had such a good time!

That is awesome that they are actually going to be able to go through with the High Adventure thing at the ranch! That will definitely be an adventure :) Good luck to all the leaders, Dad, and Uncle Eric...

I am glad that the cards got there! I have one coming your way today Mom! And I am still the worst. Those pictures are all addressed and everything and they are sitting on my counter... But it is in my planner now to send them off so usually when things get put in there, things happen.

Conference was so good! It really is like Christmas/Super Bowl Sunday for missionaries! Haha it was just what I needed to hear :) We aren't allowed to watch it anywhere except the church so there was a whole bunch of missionaries watching it together and Mom you weren't alone in falling asleep, haha. But it was really good and I am excited for the ensign to come out with them. Do you think you could send me a copy again when it does come out? For those who haven't yet, you need to watch priesthood session! We downloaded it and listened to it last night and this morning and it was so good! I really liked Elder Oaks, Elder Ballard, Presidents Uchtdorf, Eyring, and Monson. I just loved it all! Thanks for telling me what Allie said Grandma K! That was so cute and if you are reading this Allie, just know that I was thinking of all you cute girls when you stood up and sang "Teach Me to walk in the light". There were a lot of future missionaries standing up in that primary choir :)

It has been an interesting past couple of weeks with almost all of our investigators. They have all just been not progressing, not keeping commitments, and not returning our calls and texts. We have been praying really hard to know what to do and how to help them progress. We have decided to put them on the back burner for now. We will still check up on them every so often but they need a little bit of time. It is kind of a scary thing to do but we are just really praying to be able to fill our teaching pool with people who are ready to move forward. We really want to try working more with our members. I really feel like there is so much potential in this area and we just need to find those who are prepared. But I feel like things are going to be ok. Thanks for all the prayers. I know that they will make a huge difference.

So crazy story of the week: There is an elder in my zone and last week, his companion was with the zone leaders and they told us that this elder was spending some time with the assistants and left it at that. But then on Wednesday (my 6 month mark), we get a text from the zone leaders and they tell us that this elder had run away and to be on the lookout for him as we were going throughout our day. We dropped to our knees and said a prayer and then the phone rang. It was the zone leaders and they asked us if we were ready to go on a goose chase. We said yes and they told us to go pick up the other sisters and meet them at a gas station in our area. We get there and there are probably about 12 missionaries from our zone. We split up the area and made plans to go out and look for him. We spent the next 3 hours looking EVERYWHERE for him. We said a prayer and had the thought to send out a text to our ward members to keep an eye out for him and to call us if they saw him. Near the end of our search, we got a call from one of our ward members telling us that they saw him walking down the street and followed him into a Panera Bread. He was just eating outside on the patio. We called president and the zone leaders and got there as soon as we could. He was still dressed in his proselyting clothes and has his tag on and all of his luggage with him. We kept an eye on him and then his friend from Georgia showed up and they started talking for a while. We had missed dinner so we went and grabbed some and thought that we were done with that because his dad would show up soon. As we were eating we got a text from another ward member asking if we were still looking for the missionary because he was literally sitting right by him and he said that he was getting ready to get up and leave. It was just me and sister Webster at this point and so we call the zone leaders and told them what was going on and start to follow him in our car. We followed him and his friend to the edge of the woods and he starts going in and his friend is just talking to him at the edge of the woods. There wasn't anything we could do and we were told to just head home. But he is still walking around! Members have still seen him. I feel so bad for him. He was diagnosed with schizophrenia and really didn't want to be released from his mission but he had to. Their poor family. They have got a rough road in front of them as they try and get this all figured out.

And then the next morning I woke up with strep. Haha so it was just an adventure all around. I am feeling a lot better now. They put me on antibiotics and so we are finally both healthy now :)

So in our mission we have a monthly goal for baptisms and if we hit it, all who had a baptism that month get to go to the temple. We hit it in March and so we get to go to the temple on Thursday! I am really excited!

Well I think that about wraps up this week :) I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of you! Thanks for all you do for me!

xoxo

Love,
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment