Monday, November 25, 2013

Amber Ltr: 2013-11-25



Subject:  Back on my feet :)

November 25, 2013
Hey family!!

Sounds like y'all had a great week! It's always fun to hear what is going on back home! Thanks for the constant emails, some of the missionaries here aren't that lucky, so I really appreciate it! Especially when they come at 1 in the morning. :) You're the best Mom!

Transfer calls were today and we didn't get one so I guess that means that we are staying. I was almost positive that we would be but I guess you never know. But our zone just got to 50 missionaries so it got split. I am now in the new Peach Tree zone instead of the Roswell zone with just 3 wards instead of 6. Elder Anderson and Sister Merback both got switched out of the ward and we are having two new missionaries come in. I'm excited to not be the new one any more! So there are some pretty big changes in our ward. Kind of crazy. But it should be good :) We are going to really try and communicate more between our ward missionaries with the new ones coming in. Most of the time we don't know what everyone else is doing so it will good to have a fresh start. 

Kind of a roller coaster week again, some awesome moments and some downers. I started out the week on exchanges with the STL's. I got to go up to Duluth with Sister B. It was really nice and I loved it! Sister B is 21 too and we got along so good! I learned a lot from her and I really felt like a good missionary there. Not going to lie, it was kind of hard to come back. The day that I got back Sister H and I went to go tracting and I started talking to her about how her exchange went and what all had happened. Then she started driving somewhere different than what we had planned and I said "I thought we were going tracting" and she says "I am just really sick of making decisions all the time" in the snottiest voice. Really? We went to meet this member and got back in the car and I asked her where that comment came from because I was so confused and I have been trying SO hard to be an equal, contributing member of this companionship and she just lays into me about how much I drive her crazy and how she always has to do all the work and how things aren't getting done here and we still have no one to teach and she doesn't know how to help me. It really hurt a lot and it was all I could do to not start screaming back at her. We sat in silence for probably about 20 minutes and I just took some really deep breaths and tried to calm myself down. Finally the rational part of me took over and I decided to apologize for whatever it was that I did to her and try and fix things. We had a pretty good talk after that and were able to come to terms with each other, but honestly it was mostly just me being the bigger person and forgiving her. It was really hard. But I think the worst is behind us now. I keep reminding myself that we were put together for a reason and that I need to learn something from her. We are going to be together for at least 6 more weeks so I guess we'll make the most of it. These last few days definitely have been MUCH better and things will be ok. :)

The good news is that we were able to get a hold of Joe and Scott again!! It was so great! Joe has just been super busy with work (he owns his own glass company). We just decided to stop by with some cookies and see what is going on with him and he wants us to come tomorrow and teach him!!! He is seriously golden and I am so excited to teach him! Pray that things go well for us! He has such incredible potential! Hopefully we can teach his wife, Ronnie, too but we'll start with Joe.

With Scott, he hadn't been answering or returning our phone calls so we just decided to stop by and see him as well. He was home and looked so good! He seemed happy and his wife and him are going to work it out. We got to meet her and she is so nice and gorgeous! Holy cow I hope I look that good when I am 50! He isn't so sure if the church is for him yet but he definitely knows that we were sent to him by God that day. His wife thanked us for all of the help that we gave him. I'm not giving up on him though. He has way too much potential. His daughter just had a baby and the husband took off so she is living with them now. So sad but her baby is adorable! She is really trying to make it work. She is my age and Scott wants us to start meeting with her. They are busy this week but we are going to try and see them next week. I really hope things can work out there. Prayers would definitely be appreciated here too!

With sleeping, Sister Atkin called me on Friday with some instructions from Dr. Rose. He really thinks that not being able to sleep has something to do with the mission and that Heavenly Father is trying to teach me a lesson here. He told me to start drinking 4-5 quarts of water a day and to start reading the Book of Mormon for 20 minutes before bedtime and to really pray to feel the spirit of the book of Mormon. It was the most spiritual prescription I have ever received. As i have been doing that, these past couple of nights I have slept really good. I am really hoping that continues to happen and that I learn the lesson I am supposed to. There are moments out here when I really feel like I know why I am here and that I am fulfilling my purpose and there are also moments when I wonder what the heck I am even doing. I am still in the humbling phase I guess where you really learn to rely on the Lord. I know things will work out as they are supposed to but when you look at the big picture it can get discouraging sometimes. Thank you for the prayers and support. It helps to get me through :)

For Thanksgiving we are going to the Hopes for dinner and probably just member hopping for the rest of the day. It should be an adventure :) No boots yet, still looking. No package yet either. Maybe it will get here for Christmas :) Could you send me that melatonin and also my long sleeve shirts and sweaters that I could wear? I have them in a bag on the top right shelf in my closet. I forgot to pack them. It is getting colder here. We are in the 30s and 40s all week. Bring on the tracting! Also could you maybe send some pictures of the temple and of the Savior that I could use to decorate my wall? Just from like old ensigns and New eras? That would be great! And music would also be great!

yes Jace I got your letter but I haven't gotten any from the other siblings. Did they get lost in the mail? I am sure that that is what happened rather than them just not writing me :) haha love you all

Well I think that about wraps me up! I love love love you all!
xoxo
Sister Bedke, the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment