Monday, November 18, 2013

Amber Ltr: 2013-11-18



Subject:  Sick of Sickness...

November 18, 2013
Hola mi familia?

Como estas? Quantos anos tienes? Yo tengo el libro de Mormon. Haha I never know how to start off these emails :) Mom you totally come up with clever subjects! Remember the dog one? That was good! <arm pat>

Also thanks for getting the letter written even if you had to stay up until 2 AM to write it! You are so good to us :) It means a lot. You are the baest!

No my package still hasn't gotten here. That is funny that you called and talked to her right after I did. She is just so nice that you can't even be frustrated with her. I can't even imagine going through as much mail as she does. Mistakes are bound to happen sometime I guess but it is always frustrating when it is you. What do you do? Thanks for calling the post office though! Maybe it will turn up soon in Connecticut or something. Sheesh you'd think that I was serving in Africa... But I did get the insurance card with the prescription notes. Thanks for sending that! Haven't gotten the ensign yet but I probably will in the next couple of days. I vote that we send all letters still through the mission office but any packages, just send them to me. Transfers are next week though so I guess I could be moving. It isn't likely since I'm training but I guess anything is possible. It is crazy that this is my 6th week in the field though. 11 more transfers to go.

With boots, we are planning on going to Costco with a lady in our ward this week. I guess they have some really great boots there for like $20 so I'm going to go check those out :)

That is crazy that you have snow there! We have had a couple of cold days but it is sunny and warm outside right now :) Definitely not missing the snow.

I'm so glad that Sis. Adams got that letter! I have thought about her a lot. She is such a sweetheart. I will keep writing her for sure.

Congrats to Lyssa!!! I am so excited for her!! Tell her that for me please :) And to Christie! I love it!!

Jace I am so sorry that you are still having head/stomach aches! I will keep praying for you bud and I hope they find out what is going on this week! Are your teachers working with you with your homework and everything? You owe me a letter...just sayin :)

Brooke congrats on the game! Your coach better start playing you more! How is tennis going? You owe me a letter too :)

Court and Madi! I would love to hear from y'all too! I miss you way too much to not hear from you and what is going on in your lives.

Yes, Christian Rupp is my age. I bet he was a good missionary. That is so crazy that the guys from my class are home now. I am old.

We watch the district on a little portable DVD player like the one we have in the car. Zone training went really good! There are about 50 missionaries in our zone so it was pretty intimidating but I was really pleased with how it turned out. It was super cool because it ended up going a really different direction than how we planned but the Spirit was definitely there. I really enjoy being able to teach. I am excited for when we get to do more of that. Being sick has really put a damper in our work. Sister H got feeling better on Monday afternoon, which was awesome, until I woke up sick on Tuesday. I was all for going out anyway because I was so sick of our apartment but Sister H called the mission nurse while I was taking a shower and got orders from her for us to stay in. The joys of having companions. I am pretty sure that my being sick is stemming from a lack of sleep. I still am having problems sleeping and unfortunately it isn't getting any better. It takes forever to fall asleep and then I wake up like 3-5 times a night. I have tried everything I can on my own. I'm in a routine, I eat breakfast, Sister Wolfert told me to put lavender on my feet to help me relax, and Sister Atkin (mission nurse) told me to try some diphenhydramine (like Benadryl w/o the cold medicine part). I wasn't too thrilled about that but I am getting desperate. I have been taking them the past few nights and still no change. I don't know what to do. Sister Atkin is having me fill out some forms so that I can go see the doctor. I just hope we can figure out what is going on. I'll probably go see him this week so I'll keep you posted on what happens there.

So since we were on house arrest, except for meetings, and I couldn't sleep, I read a lot of the Book of Mormon. That is such a great book! More people should read it! I have never read it so fast before and it makes so much more sense when you can see how everything lines up together! I have read about 175 pages of it in the last week and about halfway through Alma now. Once I finish it this time, I'm going to try and read it once a transfer which will take about 12 pages a day. How is family scripture study going for you? Hopefully good! Seriously that book is incredible and there are a lot of great things in there :) And that is so true what Pres. Waddoups said about succeeding on the invitation! I love how our ward is trying to become more like a neighborhood and taking down the boundaries between members and non. Any successful invite stories that you have to share? Just remember that all you have to do is open your mouth and it will be filled. You can do it!

The meeting with Jill went really good. We are seeing her again on Tuesday. Actually Sister H and Sister A (STL) will be because I'll be on exchange in Duluth. I hope that goes well. But we basically just sat down with her and went over some of the history of our church and some of what we believe. She has a lot of questions but is really open minded about everything and is very patient with us as teachers. She has a lot of questions about more deep doctrine things like angels and how the Bible is supposed to be inerrant. So this week we are going to try and teach some of the basic doctrine (milk before meat idea) so that she can see where we are coming from more. Hopefully that goes well. We are still trying to get ahold of Joe and Scott and Ravi to come and see them again. Prayers there would be greatly appreciated. Have I told all of their stories and how we came in contact with them? Let me know who I need to fill you in on.

Well I think that about wraps up my week. I'm really hoping that this one will be a better one health wise but I think it will. I love you all so much!!! Thank you for all of your love and support and prayers. They help so much!!

xoxoxo
Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment