Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Amber Ltr: 2013-11-11



Subject:  Same 4 walls, all week long...

November 11, 2013
Hey family!!!

Sounds like y'all had a great week! You are staying busy though all of you! I am sorry you have had such a crazy bishop week Dad! Keeping the ward running can't be easy. Hopefully things slow down a bit soon. Thanks for the update on everyone, it is fun to hear what you guys are all doing! I am so glad that all of those letters came through to you. I'm sorry to use you as a post office but I don't have anyone's addresses! Didn't think that one through before the mission... But I got a letter from Grandma, Jessica, and Ashley! So that was fun :) And I'm expecting A LOT of replies to those letters that I sent out! Please?

Sister Haderlie is finally starting to feel better, thank heavens. We literally have been in our apartment all week except for Zone Conference on Thursday, one appointment on Saturday, and church on Sunday. I was doing everything I could to stay busy. I cleaned and disinfected every inch of our apartment, wrote a lot of letters, and got a lot of good studying in. It was kind of nice at the beginning of the week, but then towards the middle and end I got pretty desperate and was reading things like the Bible Dictionary and the missionary handbook, and watching The District. I even started to miss going tracting so you know it was bad. But like I said, she is into the coughing and runny nose phase where it is just all coming out. She has been through an entire box of tissues in 2 days. I keep myself entertained by imagining Mom going through with her Lysol wipes. She wanted to make cookies though and I wouldn't let her because that is disgusting. No! You are not making cookies when you are all runny and gross! She was like, "you bake them though." No. We do not do that. Gross. So I sent her to bed. I have really felt like a mom this week...

But on Wednesday she received a really cool blessing. It wasn't a blessing of healing, but in it it promised us that the Lord was proud of what we were doing and that we were sent to this area with each other for a reason and that He was preparing people to receive us. I have heard that about missionaries a million times but it was really neat to hear it directly at us. It also said that the two of us would become great friends. I was kind of surprised to hear that one but I feel like it will be true. We are very different but I know that we need to be together for some reason and even though she drives me crazy sometimes, I am starting to love her and care about her. We are getting there.

Our musical number yesterday ended up going really good. All four of the sisters in the ward sang "Joseph Smith's First Prayer". The first two verses we did by the hymnbook and then we changed the melody to the tune of "Come Thou Fount". It was really pretty. A lot of people told us we did a great job. Pam didn't come because her church that she just got baptized into meets at 11. She told us good luck though! She still loves having us come over and talk to her though. She is such a sweet lady. Our accompanist is a less active who used to be a concert pianist and is incredible! When we went to practice at her house, she has this beautiful Baldwin baby grand piano! It was so pretty! And I got to play it!! I was in heaven and she told me to come over any p-day and I can play it! So I might have to do that sometime. It has been far too long since I have really played the piano. I miss it a lot.

I still haven't gotten that package. I asked the zone leaders if they had picked it up and they hadn't so I have no idea what happened to it. I don't know what to do about it now. That is frustrating. I just keep praying that it will get returned to sender so that we can try to forward it again. My address is 2108 Masters Way, Alpharetta, GA 30005. I haven't gotten the insurance card yet or the prescription notes either. I'll probably get those tomorrow though. The joys of mail. It is like I am in Africa or something.

All of our appointments this last week fell through which ended up being a blessing since Sister H couldn't go anyway. We are hoping to get in touch with Joe on Wednesday. We don't know if his wife is interested yet. We have met her but she was at work when we were over there last time. Hopefully! Scott (the guy who was at church last week) hasn't answered his phone at all so we will keep trying there but he told us he needs to figure out some things with his wife first. We are meeting with a lady named Jill tomorrow though. She has talked with some ward members about the church and really wants to understand more about what we believe so I am excited about that. Prayers would be much appreciated there.

With Christmas... I haven't found boots yet but I would love some. I have never heard of Bogs boots but I trust your judgment. Ask Court and Brooke what they think. They are wise. Another thing I though of would be one of those super soft, warm blankets. I don't know how to describe them better than that. But Sister H has one and it is like heaven to touch, so that would be fun. Sweaters, skirts, and cardigans (esp. navy blue) would also be great. Haha I will keep thinking.

In answer to your sacrament question: Most are familiar with sacrament services, it is called communion in other churches. We tell them that it helps us to remember the Savior and His sacrifice for us. There is nothing that says they can't take it, they just aren't doing so to renew their covenants. So they usually take it. Ash, correct me if I am wrong.

We have zone training tomorrow and Sister Haderlie and me get to give a training on "Relying on the Spirit". There are 50 missionaries in our zone so I am a little nervous for that but I think it should go well. I hope.

I have stayed pretty healthy except for the occasional headache, usually caused from stress. I still am waking up in the night though. I got some lavender essential oil from Sis Wolfert at Zone conference and I've been putting that on the bottom of my feet and I haven't woken up as much and I've been able to fall back to sleep quicker. So I really hope that that will start to go away. I keep going back to my blessing where it blessed me with the ability to sleep. I am trying to have faith in that rather than turn to sleeping pills.

Well I think that about wraps everything up. I love and miss you all so much! Thank you for your love, support and prayers! Have a great week!

xoxo
Sister Bedke, the younger

No comments:

Post a Comment