Monday, June 23, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-06-16



Subject: Georgia is really hot...

June 16, 2014

Hi!

You guys have had a crazy week at home! But it sounds like everyone is doing good :) Thanks for keeping me updated! I about died laughing at the pics of me going down to southern utah with Kim and Brit. Hahaha that was seriously the best thing ever! I'm glad that dad got my fathers day card! That is so weird that it has been 2 years since our family has been together... That seems like forever ago! Good luck at high adventure dad and Jace! And to Brooke as you are starting out the whole ranch adventure! I am excited to hear all about it!

Thank you so much for my package Mom! I got it on Saturday and it made my day :) I wish that you could send Madi in it too! haha I love you beautiful! But that was all perfect. Thanks for getting it all together Mom! I love you!

We had an interesting week. It was really hard trying to get a hold of everyone and get back in with people. Sam is about the same story still. We saw her on Friday finally and gave her a quad that she could give to her dad but she hasn't tried talking to him yet and didn't make it to church again yesterday. I know that it things aren't done in my timing but I don't know what else we can do. I really hope it starts to come together soon with her. But we have to push her baptism back again because she hasn't made it to church still.

Shawn we are pretty sure was out of town this week. She wouldn't answer our calls or texts and we tried stopping by a couple times with no luck. So we will see what happens this week...

The Dunns... We tried calling them a few times with no answer so we stopped by and they were home. She was sick last week which is why they missed church but they said that they would try and make it yesterday but didn't... So we will try and meet with them this week and see what happened there.

The Clays we got to stop by and see for a bit. They are hilarious! But somehow (I still don't know how this happened) my new little missionary ended up talking to the ordained minister/bible scholar Mike while I was in a conversation with Julie. I was trying really hard to focus on both conversations but when that wasn't working too well I just prayed that everything would go ok. He analyzes everything very in depth and they are trying to figure out if what the Mormons believe is the same thing as what they believe. It will be a great teaching/learning opportunity if nothing else at the end of all of this.

Anna, one of our new investigators, we just had a porch lesson with her this week but she said that she really enjoys meeting with us and that she feels very comfortable with us. She is a sweetheart and we are meeting with her on Wednesday.

We did a lot of tracting in the rain this week. It was super hot and humid! But what can you do but smile and laugh at the whole situation? Haha always a good time in the mission field.

Good news though is that Donna's house is all painted and we have now started the process of removing that nasty carpet! It looks so much better in there and it is a lot brighter and happier! So that has been a lot of fun :)

We did have a really cool miracle on Saturday. As we were tracting we came up to a woman outside who was smoking and just looked really depressed. As we were talking, she really opened up to us about how she has had a really hard time lately. She has had to move back in to take care of her mom and is having to do a ton of housework and doesn't really have anyone to turn to. We talked to her about turning all of her burdens over to Christ. We were able to say a prayer with her and give her a book of Mormon. She was really touched and told us that she was going to read the whole thing that night. Her name is Connie and she was such a sweetheart.

Also that same day we found a less active member of our ward who moved in 2 years ago but was never contacted and stopped coming. We didn't know that he lived there, we just happened to tract on his street and found out that he was in the roster under the wrong address. So that was awesome! He wants home teachers and will hopefully start coming back soon!

So there were definitely those little miracles that kept us going throughout the week. Sister Castleton has grown a lot and is starting to understand things more. We have been working really hard this week in spite of everything and things are going to start picking up again soon. I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all that you have done for me. Have a great week!

xoxo
Love, Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment