Monday, May 5, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-05-05



Subject:  "I may not know what tomorrow holds, but I know who holds tomorrow"

May 5, 2014

Happy Cinco de Mayo!

Glad to hear that it has been a good week for everyone :) Thanks for sending on the pics! Those are my favorite thing to get. Only 6 more days til I get to talk to all of you! So excited! We are calling from Michael and Roberta's so you will get to meet all of them! We are just heading over there after church which ends at 4:30 Georgia time so I will probably be calling anytime between then and 5 my time so around 3 your time. That should work for both of us I think. It seems like we were just working through all the details of this for Christmas... Time is just flying by!

Poison ivy update: it is almost all of the way cleared up now! It doesn't itch anymore and there is just a little redness remaining. And I haven't had any weird side effects from the steroids so that is good news :) Also for the record, just because something has 3 leaves doesn't mean that it is poison ivy. Poison ivy has a very distinct shape. Of the 3 leaves, the outer two have jagged edges on the outside and smooth edges on the inside and the center leaf has jagged edges on both sides. It is also characterized by a reddish stem and is much more common in the east than the west. The "whole leaves of 3, let it be" isn't enough information to classify the plant. Just so y'all know :)

That is awesome the yard is starting to come together! I'm sure Traci will help it to be beautiful :) And Chamber's bball court is huge! I can't believe Ashlyn is getting married. That is so crazy but tell her congratulations for me! I haven't gotten that announcement yet that you sent but hopefully soon.

That text came from Sister Oliver. She joined the church about 5 years ago from being a very devout Catholic. Her best friend was Mormon and one day she just decided to listen to what they had to say and decided to join.  Her kids got baptized in December and January. She is such a nice lady and is so good to us :) She came up and gave me a huge hug in church yesterday for my delivery from you guys. Thanks for passing it on! Are the sisters staying busy in that are assigned to our area? What all are they doing? How big is there area?

Transfers are next week! What the heck? I have been in Collins Hill for 3 months now. It has flown by so fast! So next week we will find out some news. I'm pretty sure that I am staying but Sister Webster is probably getting transferred. I'm going to miss her! We have had a lot of fun together and she has taught me a lot.

Funny that you asked about me being on a bike... So you know the goal I had to never touch my bike? I failed. On Wednesday we were out of miles so we broke out the bikes. We were riding on the main roads and I was a little scared for my life but no worries we survived and all is well and I think I grew a little from the whole experience. Not sure yet though.

Donna is doing awesome! She came with us to church yesterday!!! She seemed to really enjoy it and the members were awesome. We met with her almost every day this week and had some awesome lessons. She is doing so well! She took us out to dinner on Saturday and always tells us how much she loves us. Love that woman!

Well that about wraps up my week. I'm out of time but I will catch you up on the rest when we talk on Sunday!! I love you all so much and I am so grateful for all of you!! I know my Savior lives and that He truly is there for each one of us.

xoxo
Love, Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment