Monday, July 7, 2014

Amber Ltr: 2014-07-07



Subject: Hump Daaay!!!
July 7, 2014
Hey family!!!

What the 9 month mark??? So crazy!! It has hard to believe that I am now halfway done with my mission. I am determined to make sure that I make this last half count and do all that the Lord needs me to do here in Georgia. I am really glad for the time that I do have left and I am excited to see what else is in store for me out here. 

Ash sent me some pics of your weekend in Idaho and it looks like y'all had so much fun! Pics are seriously my favorite thing ever to get so thanks for sending them on to me :) It is so weird that we are in July now and that 2014 is more than halfway over. Time is just flying by way too fast.

Sis. Olson is such a sweetheart :) She makes you feel so loved and great! That was really sweet of her to send that on to you. 

This week was interesting with the holiday. So many people were gone and it was really hard to actually get in and meet with our investigators. We did talk to most of them on the phone or through texting but it was kind of frustrating. We just had to get creative each day to find ways to fill up our time, but I will be glad when life returns back to normal. But now that I think about it I don't know if there is such a thing as normal life as a missionary. Somehow it all works out though :)

The zone conference with President and Sister Bennion was really great. It was a lot of fun to see everyone and they are going to do a great job. They are so humble and just excited to be here. They gave some great trainings and the spirit was really strong there. We have interviews coming up in the next few weeks so that will be good. 

Sam and Anna, we didn't get to meet with so it is basically the same story with them there. Neither of them made it to church again. 

Mike and Julie were also busy this week but we are hopefully meeting with them and the Perry's one night this week. Yes, Gabriel (7) is their only son. 

Shawn's daughter's surgery is this Thursday so prayers in her behalf would be greatly appreciated. We spoke to Shawn this morning and she is doing ok, very nervous but seems to be doing alright. We are hoping that we can stop by either Tuesday or Wednesday night and say a prayer with her and just help her to be able to feel the Spirit before going into all of this. 

Donna's floor is still not done. What is done looks really good but her neighbor (the one who is helping her) is taking forever and he was being so frustrating this last week. But hopefully it will get done this week and now I can add laminate flooring installation to my construction resume :) haha it will all come together but Donna is SO ready for it to be done. We had a lesson on Sunday in Gospel Principles about family history and we actually got to go down to the center and help her get started. It was really cool and she is excited about doing it :) I love that woman!

For the 4th of July we had a ward party that went from 4 to 8 that night that was so much fun :) We combined with the Lawrenceville ward and the Riverside branch. There were a lot of games and food and people there and it went really good. We had an elders vs sisters tug of war with all the missionaries there and the sisters won! haha we had like 5 little girls come and help us and they were so excited to be out with the missionaries :) it was really cute! Before that we worked on Donna's floor a little bit and then went tracting. Our apartment is just down the road from the Braves stadium and they have a really great fireworks show so when we got home that night, we went up to the top floor of our building and got to see the really high ones over the trees :) It was a really great night and I am so glad that we live in this amazing country with all the freedoms that we enjoy. 

The Albanian investigator the other sisters are working with has been really flaky lately but that would be so cool if the missionaries from Gr and Gr end up being able to teach him! We are really hoping that that will all work out. 

It has been another HOT week, mid 90s with humidity but you just drink a lot of water and keep moving forward :) I think I can just plan on looking forward to this weather for the next 3 months but hey come what may and love it. 

I love you all so much and I am so grateful for each of you. Thanks for the love and support!! Y'all are the world's greatest!!

xoxo
Love, Sister Bedke

No comments:

Post a Comment